IOS SDK was yet to give an api that will give the usage of cellular data from a given date or any date for that matter. We need to harvest data and process it to get the picture of cellular/Wi-Fi data usage from a reference data(usually billing start date). This app has got lot of back end processing to give that information to the user.
I started data tracking applications when my data usage bumps unusually I was curious to know when I am consuming lot of data. The other apps gives information about the data usage in a nice UI but they didn’t give me a usage history over time so I decided to develop this app to address that problem to an extent. This app tries to show the usage of the data over time in Graph format which is one of the uniqueness of this app. It captures the data usage whenever user opens the app or whenever there is a significant change in the user location.
This app also let you dynamically change the reference data/billing date unlike other apps. Most apps allows you to set a billing date but if you want to change the date in the middle you will lose some data usage information or need to wait until next billing cycle before it actually shows useful information.
This app is yet to be compatible with IOS 7.0 I will be upgrading it soon.
Below is the description about the Data Graph App in the App Store.
Data Graph shows the usage of the valuable Cellular data (3G/4G/LTE/Edge/Gprs) and Wi-Fi data. One of the unique feature of the app is that it will show the usage of cellular data in graph format (up to max of past 3 days) so that user can have an idea when he is consuming more data i.e. Tracking data over time.
The following are the usages of the app.
1. Shows the Cellular data usage for the current billing period with progress bar. It also lists other useful information about the cellular data usage.
2. Shows the recently used cellular data locations (past 3 days) in the Map whenever there is a significant change in the user location.
3. Shows the Wi-Fi data usage for the current billing period with progress bar and other useful information about the Wi-Fi data usage.
4. Shows the recent data usage in Graph format (Usage will get captured whenever user opens the app or whenever there is a significant change in the user location along with the location)
5. Enables user to configure the cellular billing period dynamically.
The app doesn’t collect any personal information and also doesn’t upload/send the data collected to any third party service and the data doesn’t even cross the App and its phone. It just stays on the device and older data would be purged by the app.
Here is the screenshot about the App description from iTunes.